To kickstart part 6 of our TinyLineMakerSport series, we’ll show you exactly how to connect your TinyLineMarker to wifi, as well as showing you some cellular connection options, so you can manage your sports fields, access 50+ templates and endless customizations, and more.
But First, a Quick Recap:
- In part 1 of this series, we introduced the TinyLineMaker Sport. A tech-savvy machine with innovative position technology and smart integrated software.
- For part 2, we focused on battery management with a quick tutorial on how to charge, install, and remove your battery for the TinyLineMarker Sport. (Did you miss out on part 2? Check it out here.)
- In part 3, we discussed how to clean the pump on the TinyLineMarker Sport after every use.
- In part 4, we discussed a quick step-by-step process for how to install the paint nozzle onto the unit. We covered the different parts on the assembly and how they piece together.
- And finally, in part 5, we provided a quick step-by-step process for how to prime the pump system on a TinyLineMarker Sport before painting the fields.
How to Connect Your TinyLineMarker Robot to WiFi So you can paint the sports fields
Here’s how to connect your TinyMobileRobot and/or tablet to wifi.
- In your tablet, click into the “settings” menu on the top left hand side of the screen. It looks like a tiny gear.
2. Next, navigate down to the “Internet” tab and click.
3. Right away, you can see whether your robot is connected to a network, and if it is, which network it’s connected to.
What if you’re having trouble connecting your TinyLineMarker to a mobile wifi network?
When you’re in your internet settings, you’ll see, under the “Robot Modem” tab, a gray button that says “Search for Operators.”
When you click this button, it will “reset”, or “de-register” your modem, and then provide a list of operators for you to access. These robots can access AT&T and T-Mobile for wireless carriers. So if you’re on AT&T, and having troubles, you can click “search for operators” and select “T-Mobile” once it populates.
It may take about 10 minutes for the entire process to complete.
You will also see “APN”, which means “Access Point Name”.
This will be set to your specific SIM Card wireless carrier that you use. Do not ever change that setting.
Connect Your Line Marker Robot to Wifi
When you’re in the “Internet” tab of “Settings”, scroll down to the section that says “Wifi Robot”.
If you have a Verizon hotspot or school- or campus-wide internet, you can take advantage of that connectivity with this setting right here.
Here’s how to connect.
- Click “Search for Wifi”. Your robot will begin searching for wifi networks nearby. This will pull up a list of different wifi networks you can join.
- Choose your network.
- Click “connect robot”. After a little bit of waiting, you’ll see a connection to the wifi network.
Want to connect your Line Marker tablet to wifi? The process is exactly the same, right there in your Settings tab. Just scroll down to “Wifi Tablet.” Identify the network you want to join, and type in the password.
How To Disconnect Your TinyLineMarker from Wifi
In the “Internet” tab of your settings folder, click the “Disconnect Robot” button, and you will be disconnected from your internet connection.
If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments below!
TINYMOBILEROBOTS® SPECIALIZES IN HIGH-PRECISION, RELIABLE OUTDOOR ROBOTS THAT PERFORM MARKING AND STAKE OUT.
Click here to learn more about the TinyMobileRobots line of autonomous line marking solutions. Whether you’re a club, team, or university that needs high-quality autonomous line marking, or a municipality or service provider, TinyMobileRobots has the solution for you.